Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Have you ever seen into someone, caught the littlest glimpse of the utter beauty that exists within them and just been completely stunned?
Today, I have.
So much so that it knocked me back a few steps, completely amazed me, and I feel like a compass that is spinning out of true.
So unexpected.

My face is hot, my eyes feel heavy with the weight of that particular insight, but if I could say just one thing, if I could somehow manage to whisper out the words, I would tell you just how beautiful you are to me.

I would have to look at my hands while I said it, because I wouldn't trust my eyes to look at you without spilling every secret.
I would whisper the words with tears in my voice, choking on the emotion that you created within this heart.





Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I come here to talk
I hope you understand

The green eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you
And how could, anybody, deny you?

I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter now I met you
And honey you should know
That I could never go on without you
Green eyes

Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know

The green eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who tried to deny you, must be out of their mind

Because I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter since I met you
Honey you should know
That I could never go on without you

23 comments:

Surge said...

Are you in love?

Sally-Sal said...

That's a fair question. No.
I just caught a glimpse into someone, and it touched my heart.

Mighty Hunter said...

Beautiful. Beautiful post. Sincerely.

Sally-Sal said...

Thanks. It was hard to write, even harder to admit, but it had to be said :)

Odd Jeppesen said...

Beautiful.

I've been knocked back a few steps... well, on my ass really... a number of times. When I finally picked myself up to do something about it, the one who caused the knocking is a spot on the horizon.

tennysoneehemingway said...

That's how I felt when I met Lady Hem. Honestly.

Surge said...

I just wanted to ask before I said anything else because it kind of varies my response.. either way, when I first read it, my heart beat a little faster and to be honest I almost cried;

Both because I've had it happen and because it's naturually beautiful to know that other people have had it happen, to them

Mighty Hunter said...

Also, I would like to randomly add that you're pretty fucking awesome, at least what I know about you so far.

Go you. Have a compliment from me.

Mr. Condescending said...

Hey, I don't have green eyes!

haha, I'm happy for you, and for whoever the lucky man is!

Shaunak Mukherjee said...

Awesome. Truly difficult to put such feelings to words innit?

Hunter said...

Very nice. Here's to finding unexpected beauty.

Alyson said...

Lovely, wonderful post. I read it three times. :)

Judearoo said...

Lovely, but would like more details....

erin said...

Mr. stole my comment!
Beautiful Sal.

jerrod said...

great song. even better post.

ladytruth said...

This kind of thing doesn't happen often and you writing about it with such a gentle touch of words proves that. Nicely done, Sal.

Sally-Sal said...

O-zone:
They must've really affected you :)

This was just what I needed, actually. Being witness to the absolute beauty of another human being. I can't properly put into words how exhilarating it was.

Tennys:
You are one hell of a man.

Surge:
Your question was perfect. And feeling that made me cry. A lot. :)

Mighty Hunter:
I really appreciate that. A compliment from you is something that I cherish.

Mr. C:
That made me laugh really, really hard. And even though your eyes aren't green, you're still really fucking hot. But I'm sure the mirror tells you that every morning ;)


Shaunak:
It really is. When the feelings are really intense, the words seem to hide.

Hunter:
I second that emotion.

OWO:
I bet all three times there wasn't a mention of a weiner. Which is weird of me ;)
Loves ya.

Judearoo:
Well... It was kind of just a one time thing. Not meant to go anywhere, just one of those moments to be sipped like a fine wine, appreciated, then committed to memory.

erin:
Ha! Great minds think alike :)
Thank you

j-face:
That's a song I heard just yesterday. It was one of those rare songs that I immediately liked, the first time I heard it. And it was perfect.
Glad you liked it.

ladytruth:
Thank you so much! Your compliment really put a smile on my face, lovely lady.

Mr London Street said...

I wonder if this is about what I think it's about.

Sally-Sal said...

Well, doll, what do you think it's about?

Soda and Candy said...

Wow, I know this feeling, it's happened to me with a few people. It's a little bit like falling in love, but it can be with people you would never fall in love with. It is just touching to see somebody's true heart sometimes.

Maryx said...

WOW. Can I say it again... WOW.
You put so much emotion into those words. This happened to me just the other day. And the revelation made me fall in love all over again. But that's a whole story on it's own.

Thanks for sharing

Chris Gooch said...

Did you finally see what we can all see in you - your reflection staring straight back at you?

I've left something on my blog for you.

Meg said...

I was walking along all independent & happily single and then I read this. Now I want a man to love on. Your stuff always affects me, Sal.